Saturday, September 13, 2008

My Yobel and Prologue Classes
















Prologue Class (Prologue: used here as a contraction of "Prophetic Dialogue", the SVD way of doing mission nowadays) is the name of the SVD class or batch which I belong upon my re-entry to the seminary. My Prologue classmates coined such class name when they were Postulants; I joined them later in the Novitiate (2007-2008). So the Prologue Class is my adoptive class, yet definitely more than just an adoptive class. I very much belong to it, as my classmates likewise are very much a part of me. In fact in the Novitiate, I had the privilege not only to bond with my adoptive classmates, but have even gained their acceptance, as they chose my entry lyrics for our class song.

My original batch (already priests and one, a perpetualist brother) is the Yobel Class (Postulancy, 2000-2001). Our class agreed upon our batch name also when we were in the Postulancy. As we are the Jubilee 2000 batch, so we chose "Yobel" for our name ("Yobel" is the Hebrew for "ram's horn" used to announce the ancient Jewish year of Jubilee).

After our Postulancy, I took a leave from the seminary; I re-entered six years thereafter. Exactly upon my re-entry, my Yobel Classmates (those who proceeded without interruption) have just taken their perpetual vows and ordination. Although I was not ordained or had professed perpetual vows with them, I am of course still part of the class (I had the privilege to attend their priestly ordination in Tagaytay last 2007!). In fact now, as we are in the process of creating a foundation (proposed Yobel Foundation), I am invited not only as a member but also its legal adviser/consultant.

The Yobel Class members are already doing their mission works in various SVD mission areas around the world; the Prologue Class on the other hand are still studying Theology in Tagaytay City. I am now physically away from both the Yobel Class and the Prologue Class as I am now here in Cebu City as a Junior SVD Brother. I know for sure though that as I was once with them (interestingly, I spent an equally memorable and meaningful one year with each class), I will always belong to them, as they are to me.

Mabuhay at salamat Yobel Class at Prologue Class! Mabuhay at salamat din SVD (especially to our beloved formators: Fr. Ed, Bro. Eugenio, Fr. Gerry, Fr. Titus and Fr. Joseph)!



(Below are the Mission, Vision and Song of our Prologue Class, as well as two of our group pictures. When I can secure some pictures and a copy of the parallel class effort of the Yobel Class, I will also include theirs or "ours" here. Nonetheless, here is a Youtube entry about the Yobel Class posted by my Yobel classmate, Fr. Ferdz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZttNfMZiak)


PROLOGUE CLASS
















Vision:

We, the Prologue Class - a community with renewed spirit and dedication to the Divine Word, envision ourselves to become modern partners in dialogue, that foster openness to and unity in diversity to let peoples in the crossroads meet at convergence in Christ to the Father.

Mission:

We move on towards the realization in ourselves the sincere appreciation to all cultures and the zest for prayer and mission exemplified by St. Arnold Janssen, our patron Saint; strive our best in building faith-filled communities of service to the underprivileged; and allow ourselves to learn from and grow with the people journeying with us.

Class Song:

Title: Prophets in Dialogue
Lyrics: Bro. Errol Torres, SVD
Music: Frt. Lui Luyun, SVD

I
In the beginning was the Word of God
The Father’s good news to the world
He was revealed as saving love to us
Jesus, our Brother from above.

II
Love was sent to dispel all lies
Blinded eyes now gaze the skies
And we are called to help each other see
Prophets in dialogue are we.

Refrain:
Thus we are here to heed the call
Spread His good news to all:

Chorus:
We are so loved by the Father
Servant or free would not matter
He sent the Spirit and the Son
To gather all as one…
Now we’re one with the Father
One with the Spirit and the Son.

III
Spirit-led let us always strive
St. Arnold’s life our constant guide
Prophetic dialogue our mission
Brave witnesses to all creation.

(Refrain, Chorus, then Chorus 2)

Chorus 2:
And we’re so loved by the Father
Servant or free would not matter
He sent the Spirit and the Son
To gather all as one…
Now we’re one with the Father
One with the Spirit and the Son.
One with the Spirit and the Son.

No comments: